Wednesday, January 4, 2012

It's official, I suck at blogging.

Well look at that, another few months have come and gone and I haven't blogged at all. Beauty. Once again, I've had plenty of things to blog about but I didn't write at all. This last school semester was filled with craziness. Between taking 16 credits, working an average of 32 hours a week and trying to remain social I'm shocked that I haven't completely lost it. However, I did kick butt this semester and came out with a 3.94 GPA, yeah, that's right I'm awesome. Time over the holidays was spent with family who live out of state and eating lots of delicious food. However, the most interesting part of the holidays definitely goes to New Year's Eve.

Friday night I was passing the time with some of my good friends, one of them happened to be my girl Cato. We were trying to figure out what we were going to do the next night as we were the only ones home/off of work and wanted to do something to bring in the new year with a bang. Some of our guy friends had left for Las Vegas that night so they could have a guys' trip and celebrate the new year in Sin City. As we were discussing our options Cato and I joked about crashing their trip and driving down to find them. Well, the next morning after a few text messages and phone calls Cato and I decided that we were going to indeed crash their party in Vegas. So we got our stuff together and jumped in the car and hit the road. We drove for six straight hours and eventually called the boys and told them that we were down there and wanted to meet up with them. Luckily, the boys were happy to have us and we spent the rest of the evening together.

For those of you haven't been to Vegas on NYE you wouldn't know how absolutely INSANE it is. There are people all over the place, plenty of drunk people and girls wearing heels to high and dresses that are waaaay too short. It made for excellent people-watching and I think we all had a great time. We started the year standing in the middle of the strip and watching the fireworks show, it was great. As soon as the fireworks stopped we booked it to our cars since we were staying in Mesquite for the night. Let me tell you, driving to Mesquite at 2 a.m. is not the best idea when you've been driving all day anyways. Luckily, we all made it back to Mesquite safely.

After spending the night with the boys in beds filled with too many bodies that stunk of cigarette smoke and sweat, Cato and I decided that it was time to head home. On the drive home we discussed how awesome we were for making the spontaneous decision to go to Vegas. I don't know if I'd ever to NYE in Vegas again, but I do know that we had a great time and it made for a pretty awesome adventure.

1 comment:

  1. nothing is more exciting than taking a spontaneous road trip. that time i up and drove to portland with a couple of friends was the best trip everrrr. glad you had fun in vegas!

    ReplyDelete