Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Summer Review

I'm really, really bad at this whole regular posting thing. I've had plenty to blog about but I haven't taken the time to do so. This summer was filled with lots and lots of work, at Target and at my office job. I did make time for some fun as well, so don't you fret. In July, my grandfather passed away. It was a very sad event but he had been sick for quite some time. It helped me realize how grateful I am for the teachings of my Church that allow me to know that I will be able to see him again someday because of my own eternal family. The weekend of his funeral was filled with tears but also joy; we were able to bless my niece Ashley and celebrate the 4th of July with my whole family, including my parents, all four of my siblings, my three in-laws and all of my nieces and nephews.

After a crazy week filled with family I was able to nanny for a neighbor while she and her husband went to California for a wedding. I had their three girls for 4 days and we had a BLAST! We filled our time with movies, trips to the mall, water fights, chalking the front drive and a trip to the zoo. I might say I had more fun than the girls did. I'm just hoping that I get to do it again *hint*hint*.

As a last hurrah for summer my friend Zach and I were able to fly out to Monterey, California to visit our friends Jess and Herc. We had a great time visiting them and relaxing. We took a few trips to the beach (it was waaay to cold to swim though) and visited the adorable town of Carmel. I would post some photos, but I was lazy and didn't take any. But fill your mind with visions of sail boats and breath-taking ocean views.

I've started school for the fall semester and I can already tell it's going to be a kick-butt semester, but even with knowing that I am so very excited to be back in school and have the opportunity to learn. I promise I will try to be better about posting. And maybe next time I'll even be able to include some photos.

1 comment:

  1. sorry about your grandpa bethany. thank goodess for the church & the knowledge we have that we can be together again. i don't know how people handle life situations without that knowledge. being a nanny may just be my current dream job! lucky you getting to do just that for 4 days! kick-butt semesters for the both of us. in fact, i should be doing homework right this second.

    ReplyDelete