Friday, May 13, 2011

Guts

No, this won't be a graphic post about my intestines falling out. But it will be about how I somehow worked up the guts to put myself out there to not one, but two guys.

So, in earlier post I mentioned having a big, fat crush on a guy. That crush is still going strong and for the past few weeks I've been trying to work up the guts to ask him to hang out. Finally, my wonderful friends presented me with the wonderful opportunity to ask him to a bonfire we're having tonight. Awesome, right? Well, I missed many chances to invite him but yesterday the fates decided it was time and provided me with a friend to ease the tension and awkwardness of the invite. It went a little like this:

Dear, sweet, amazing friend: Betty, are you going to the bonfire tomorrow night?
Bethany: Why yes, I am. Are you?
DSAF: Sweet, you know it!
Bethany: (turning to Crush-Boy) Crush-Boy! Are you coming to the bonfire tomorrow?!
Crush-Boy: Uhhh, bonfire? What bonfire?
Bethany: A bunch of my friends are having a bonfire on the west-side of the lake, it'll be a good time, you should come!
DSAF: Yeah, totally! You should come,give Betty a call!
Crush-Boy: Yeah, maybe

And then he walked away. Without getting my number. My dear friend and I walked away totally bummed. He wasn't going to come, he didn't even have my number to call me if he changed his mind. So we left, as I was pulling out of the parking lot, I was struck with a flash of brilliance. I could leave a casual note encouraging him to come on the windshield of his car. So I did. I scribbled out a note saying "Seriously, you should come. It'll be a good time, bring friends" and I left my phone number at the bottom. I haven't heard from him yet and I don't know if I will, but I'm proud of myself for at least trying, and I'm thankful I had a friend to help me out.

Oh, but this post isn't over yet. It's getting long I know, but I feel the need to share. So this last semester I had two classes with a boy named Tom. Tom is a nice kid, we were buddies and would text each other for to find out what we missed if we didn't make it to class. But that was the extent of our friendship, but yesterday he texted me to see what grades I got in the two classes we had together. We texted for a bit about what we had been up to and I finally decided to suggest that he "made time for me." I think he was really surprised when I said that, he said something about thinking I had a boyfriend, and how he wouldn't be surprised if I did because I was a really sweet girl. Well, as you all know, I don't have a boyfriend and I let him know that. As soon as that was all cleared up, he suggested we get together sometime and asked me what would work best for me. So, because of this little streak of bravery with guys it looks as though I might have a date next week.

I'm feeling pretty dang proud of myself, I don't ever do things like this, but I'm glad I did. Hopefully, one or both of these events turns out well and gives me good blogging material :)

1 comment:

  1. huzzzah for boys named tom who say nice things and plan dates with cool girls named bethany.

    ReplyDelete