Friday, May 20, 2011

Date Night

Remember Tom? Well, I hope so because he took me on a date last night. A real, live date. And it was good. I was surprised to be honest, not because I thought he'd be a bad date, but because I'm so gosh-darn awkward I was sure I was going to mess it up or freak him out. It all worked out though, he picked me up then we went and got dinner at a Mexican resturaunt and talked about school and basic get to know you stuff... You know, family, interests, etc.

Then we went to Nicklecade, I'm pretty sure he let me win a few times. But I kicked his trash at basketball the first game, which is surprising because he played basketball in high school and has at least a good foot of height on me (Did I mention he's tall? Because he is, I seriously think his arm is as long as I am tall.)

After Nicklecade we met up with some of my friends for "Thursday Night Dollar Movie Night." We saw the movie Paul, which was surprisingly funny, but there was tons of cursing. Then he took me home. From how much we did and how long the date lasted it looks like he had a good time or was at least able to suffer through it. He also texted me after and told me I was fun and sweet (which I hope is good and not one of those "sweet spirit" things.) He also said he'd like to take me out again, so only time will tell with that one. But maybe, just maybe I might have second date coming up in the near future. Keep your fingers crossed for me, because I think I might just like this whole dating thing.

4 comments:

  1. so happy for you right now! at least one of us is having some luck in the dating business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and let me tell you...i am also a pretty awkward person. i don't like it.

    ReplyDelete